Client: Ahmad Zaki Resources Bhd
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Services: Civil & Structural / Electrical & Mechanical
Completion Date: 2009
Project Value: MYR 315 Million
MMSB Consult was appointed as the Civil & Structural Consulting Engineer for the design and build contract for the construction and upgrading of the road connecting Jalan Kewajipan in Subang Jaya, Jalan Subang (FT15) and Federal Route 2 (FT2). The total length of the road is approximately 4.5 km.
The project involves upgrading of the existing roads / highway, improvement of existing junction; construction of elevated structure from Jalan Kewajipan to Jalan Subang (FT15) crossing FT2 and construction of overpass crossing Jalan Kewajipan roundabout and New Pantai Expressway in congested urban development environment.
The elevated structure consists of precast & cast in-situ segmental box girder for mainline & bridge over Federal Highway and cast in-situ continuous box girders of spans varying between 40m and 58m for 6 numbers of ramps. The mainline superstructure is approximately 1.5km in length with a 20.6m width structure consists of approximately 47m span precast segmental PSC 9/5 span continuous twin cell box girder of depth 2.2m. The bridge over Federal Highway consists of twin 5 span continuous single cell box girders of length 55m+95+130+90+55m.
MMSB's scope includes:
- Preliminary design concepts, preparation of bill of quantities & specification for negotiation with the government.
- Segmental box girder bridge using balance cantilever method.
- Varying depth cast-in-situ box girder bridge of main span 130m to be constructed using traveller form.
- Associated geotechnical works, soil treatment & foundation work.
- Highway alignment design.
- Pedestrian bridge design.
- Structural setting out details.
- Upgrading of existing roads and junctions.
- Drainage culverts and road side of drains.
- Street lighting and relocation of utility services.
- Sign gantry & duck drainage design.
- Construction supervision and technical support during construction.
- Preparation of detailed design report on Pavement Structural Overlay.
- Preparation of pavement strengthening scheme layout and cross section drawings including tapering details.
- Preparation of standard drawings for road markings, road furniture like guard rail etc, drainage and sub surface drainage works.
Check our latest portfolio projects. Sure you will find something interesting.