Client: BPHB - TIM SEKATA J.V.
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Completion Date: 2013
Project Value: Approx. MYR 250 Million
MMSB Consult was appointed to carry out the alternative design of guideway structures & station foundations of LRT Ampang Line Package A. Package A of LRT Ampang (AMG) Line Extension consists of approximately 7km of elevated double track / single track guideway structures with 4 nos. of station structures .
The proposed work involved the following:
- Alternative design of Twin Track Guideway structures consisting of simply supported segmental box girder of maximum span length 36m.
- Alternative design of Single Track Guideway structures consisting of simply supported segmental box girder of maximum span length 33m.
- Alternative design of special spans consisting of continuous varying depth precast segmental box girder to be constructed using balanced cantilever method.
- The elevated structures are resting on large diameter cast in-situ bored piles.
MMSB's scope includes:
- Fast track detailed engineering design
- Issuance of drawings for construction
- Head office technical support during construction
Various detailed design works carried out by MMSB includes:
- Structural design of superstructure and substructure
- Review of geotechnical and structural design of foundations for guideway structures and stations carried out by another consultant before submission
- Review of alternative design of retaining wall and cut / fill slope.
Check our latest portfolio projects. Sure you will find something interesting.