Client: S.P. Setia Berhad
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor
Services: Civil & Structural / Electrical & Mechanical
Completion Date: 2006
Project Value: MYR 180 Million
MMSB Consult was appointed as the consulting engineer for the upgrading of the existing Pasir Gudang Highway by Setia Precast Sdn Bhd who was awarded the contract by the Government of Malaysia as a 'Design & Build' contractor.
The Pasir Gudang Highway is the major link to the Pasir Gudang port. The road runs in an east west direction with Pasir Gudang on the east and Taman Perling on the west . The highway links to the North-South expressway via Kangar Tebrau interchange and Federal Route I and the "Second Link" via the Taman Perling interchange.
The contract was to upgrade the first 3.5km of highways from Jalan Johor Bahru to the Perling Interchange. The carriageway has been upgraded from dual 2-lane to dual 3-lane (JKR U5 standard). Upgrading also included improvement of junctions and interchanges to achieve free flow of traffic along the stretch.
The improvement works includes:-
- Upgrading of FR17 from dual 2-lane to dual 3-lane carriageway.
- Upgrading of 3 nos. signalised junctions to left-in left-out and provision of one elevated U-turn and one underpass
- structure for right turning movements.
- Upgrading of Perling Interchange with two nos. elevated U-turns.
- Widening of three existing bridges.
MMSB's scope includes preliminary and details design and technical support during construction as detailed below:
- highway geometry for the mainline, interchanges & ramp; junction improvement and the design of new pavement.
- ground improvement.
- new bridges and retaining structures, widening of existing bridges.
- road furniture and street lighting.
- preparation of bills of quantities.
Check our latest portfolio projects. Sure you will find something interesting.